Wednesday, June 2, 2010

EOC Week 9

Expensive But Worth It

I could always blog about my truck and say how expensive it is, but everyone expects an expensive vehicle. What I am going to write about is my 10 year anniversary ring from my husband. It was not so much as a surprise gift, but he wanted to make sure that when he dropped the money on it that I actually liked it.. so we went ring shopping together. At first, I was thinking of going to visit the regular jewelry stores found around the malls, but my husband had a different idea. He drove me to Caesar's Palace and we visited the big named jewelry stores that I never imagined I would ever shop at. A few hours later, I made a decision at Tiffany's. I chose the band and a shape for the diamond. It was my husband who chose the size of the diamond. The price of the anniversary ring I had pictured in my mind went double the price by the time we had finished at Tiffany's. I could not believe what just happened, nor could I believe it through the remainder of the week until the ring was done being resized and engraved. When we were finally able to pick up the ring, I still couldn't believe it. It was the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I had ever owned (and it had better be considering the price). What is more to it, is that I love the meaning in what it represents. My husband knew it was our 10 year anniversary. This is a big milestone we reached in our marriage and he wanted make sure it was special for me by not purchasing the usual anniversary gifts. He also purchased something that will not wilt, be forgotten in the closet, or be destroyed in any manner. He wanted to make sure it will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment